The Serious TTT Guide

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by Carned, Jun 11, 2014.

1. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

The Serious TTT Guide
    Written by Carned
    With input from members of the community.

Welcome and Introductions:
    Welcome to Serious TTT, we pride ourselves in being the best TTT server around, with an enjoyable community that has fair but firm rules.

We have 5 US Based Servers, 4 of which are full of Add-Ons and make for a great TTT experience with M9K weapons, Upgrades and Jihad Sounds.

We also have 1 server dedicated to Vanilla, which is just Minecraft maps and requires no downloads.

You can find the servers on the right hand side of the page.

[​IMG]

Just hit join!
    Staff Team

We have an extensive staff team covering a wide range of hours.
    They will be open to help you with any problems you may have, but they will enforce the rules upon you should you break them.

You can find a detailed list of the current staff team at the link below, which was kindly written by @The Law

Public Staff Groups.

If you feel a staff member has abused there powers in any way, please use the Report Staff/Player section and follow the Report Format and remember to grab as much evidence as possible and remain professional and calm, getting angry and abusing members of the staff team wont help, but only hinder your case.

Report Staff/Player.
    How to Gain Evidence Post -
    Credit to @Zikeji .

Think you can help our staff team? See yourself as a good pick for staff? Feel free to use the Applications
    section of our forums.

Before applying I suggest you read this post by @Guilty-Crown on how to, and if you should apply for a staff position.

How to Make an Application.

Rules

Rules are a part of every good server.

"
    Law is order, and good law is good order."
    This quote from Aristotle perfectly describes our rules.

We have good, but firm rules that you are expected to follow when playing the servers.

The punishments for breaking them are sometimes small, sometimes not so small, but if you don't break the rules, you shouldn't need to experience the punishments.

You can find many links to rules below

Server Rules - These apply in game and can be viewed at any time by doing !motd when in game.

Forum Rules - As the title suggests these will apply on the forums.

Prop, Map and Guilt Rules. - These are some of the more obscure rules that are currently not able to fit in into our MOTD but need to be abided by regardless. Credit to @MangoTango @Diekasta @Killamarshall and @The Law .

Commenting on Reports - Many people don't know or follow this rule, it will get you warning points on the forums if you do so. Credit to @ComPeter

Help
    This may seem like a lot of information to take in, i agree, but you will learn things in time and by reading the rest of this guide.

If you need anything specific you can always PM a staff member on the forums, or add them on Steam.

Our lovely @POPSTAR wrote
    this Q&A, and it's worth a read.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Using the Forums

The forum is split up into different sections, i will give a short guide to each, about what to post or what not to post in each one.

News
    You cannot post in this forum, its reserved for announcements from Highwon, it's worth checking and reading the posts he makes.

Introductions
    This is where you can introduce yourself to the community, tell people about yourself!
    Go wild! Show off who you are as a person!

General Discussion
    This is the place to talk about anything STTT, also ask any questions publicly. Use the Vanilla sub-forum for anything specific to Vanilla.

Report Staff/Player
    Used to report staff who you think may have mistreated you, or a player who has broken the rules.
    I have covered this section above.

Ban Appeal
    If you feel you've been wrongly banned from our servers you can appeal here, remember to put effort into your appeal and to include and evidence you may have.

Suggestions
    You can suggest new things to be added to our servers here, make sure to add links and pictures, and check that it hasn't been suggested before. @MangoTango wrote this helpful post.

Applications
    Here is where you can apply to join our staff team, i have covered this before above.

Bug Report
    Report any bugs or glitches you find on the servers, please include as much detail as possible to help it get fixed.

Donations
    If you have any problems or questions about donating, place them here.

Off Topic
    Talk about anything not related to our servers.

Entertainment
    Here is the place to post videos and pictures of anything and everything! Well within forum rules!

Graphics
    If you make any art or have any talent, feel free to show it off here!

Customizing Your Page
    You can customize your personal profile in many ways by clicking on your name in the top right.
    It will open this page

[​IMG]

From here you edit many of your features and update your status.

Starting a Conversation/PM with a user is simple but slightly obscure
    Simply go to the word inbox and click start new conversation as shown below

[​IMG]

To choose who to talk to, just type in the top box

[​IMG]

Simple when you know how!

If you want to follow a post to get an Alert every time someone replies simply click the "Watch this thread button"

[​IMG]

Currently, this is all i think needs covering in regards to the forum side.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    • Informative Informative x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Carned

Innocent Tips

As an innocent you will be cannon fodder for Traitors, but if you want to be more than just that follow these tips below.

I have created a video showing a few round of mine as innocent, watch what i do and some of the routes i take, however maps are to come in more detail later.

As an innocent you need to read chat, mark any KOS'd players with KILL in the TAB menu.

But make sure to mark the KOS'er as SUSPECT so if the KOS turns out to be false you know who to kill!

You have two main choice as an innocent, you can follow the group around and hope to not be targeted or if you are trusting in your ability to kill players walk around solo and try to catch traitors in the act.

Knowing the maps, is a huge advantage you can find the more discrete areas of the map where T's might be likely to kill players and walk around those areas waiting to pounce. For more details into each map, wait for the Map Guides.

As a Innocent, NEVER stand still, you will be picked off easily, a traitor can walk along, shoot you in the head with a colt and walk off, no one any the wiser.

If you get the opportunity to find a DNA scanner, keep it secret, if you get DNA don't call out the person just shoot them, they won't have time to react as no one expects a innocent to have DNA, enabling you to have an easy kill.

Having good aim helps to kill traitors, obviously.

Keeping a good distance from Detectives but still being able to see them is a great way to find a T, as Detectives are targeted so you can spot one and murder him.

Bind "ttt_radio traitor" to a key to help you spam out a KOS quicker.

I STILL NEED GAMEPLAY WITH GUNS AND ON MAPS ETC PM ME TO HELP.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2014
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Thorn

Thorn A Thorn in your side. VIP

WIll say this @Carned, the wires that are safe are usually the top ones. I always cut wire one. The higher you place the timer on the C4, the less chance you have of disarming it. If they place a C4 down with the lowest time of 45 seconds all wires BUT one will disarm the C4 and that one wire is usually a wire that is farther down.

4. Mr. Disco

Mr. Disco Jeff Lynne is a musical genius. VIP

It's a good guide with helpful info. The video explains it visually with nice music to the ears! :)

5. Carned

Will add that the the T C4 Guide.

Also seeing as the forums have a 1000 word limit i will be deleting posts to allow the guide to look neater when i upload parts the require a new post.

6. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

It does not matter which wire you pick, each wire has an equal chance regardless.

The aforementioned "safe wires" is a myth.

7. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

This is correct. There is only one wire that is the one that will make the C4 explode when disarming.

8. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Would you like some people who may have 'nice innocent rounds', one without death/mishaps (aka innocent on innocent kills), to record demo's and then send them into you so that you may record them? As your own means of commentating on what their errors may be during their round(s) that they have recorded.