Truce with traitor

Discussion in 'TTT Discussion' started by NeverEnding, May 11, 2014.

1. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

As some of you might know that in the other server, the staff actually allowed truce, but this server there is no news about truce. can some admin/mod enlighten me about this. i have seen a T killed me and the inno (his friend actually) just ignore the shit happening and say it wasn't me.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Dealt with. Here's a quick lesson for those who are browsing this post however.

Performing a Truce with an obvious Traitor is Guilt By Association and not Ghosting. It is allowed in all ways. Of course, the reason it's frowned upon is because you're fighting for the wrong team, you lead high suspicions to you that might be involving Ghosting charges, and it leads to unnecessary RDM chains.

I do not recommend Truces, but they are very much an OKAY part of our core-gameplay.

Thanks for asking,

POP STAR

3. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I've seen some people commit T acts and say in a joking way "I see what you did there, but I'mma let you off, okay? okay"

Usually I then follow them in the distance and let them give away their T buddies xD.

4. Dexter

Dexter SGM's Resident Former Rage Mod VIP Emerald

If you agree to a truce, isn't it technically 'Ghosting' since an Inno knows his 'associate' is a T? Although it might be a one-way blind truce if Inno doesn't know.

5. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

Players have been banned for this.

6. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

Issues like this are entirely situational, there was a time when i believe i watched rhaz or someone harpoon somebody and i blatantly said "smoooooooth i am just gonna walk away" and i turned the other cheek. There are also times where i see a detective/inno going around telling his buddy to kill this player and that player either through global chat or voice chat.

7. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

I wanna bump this just to reinforce what the definition of ghosting is. I play T rounds by sometimes blatantly pulling an inno to the side and dropping a T weapon for them to use if they promise to not call me out and just follow me around for the duration of a game. I do it through game chat but I don't make it obvious enough to allow other players to know exactly what I did. Sometimes I get blasted... Sometimes the inno plays along.

With my understanding of the rules, as long as a player negotiates a truce through the public methods in-game, it is completely within the rules and can't be considered ghosting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Predated

Predated VIP

I don't ghost right, but I do have skype chats with people in game, so yeah. As long as when your dead, you mute your skype mic, s the other person can not hear you

9. Well I once openly said I'm a friendly Traitor and I ended up without a head. So.... Yeh not recommended.

10. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Note: if you don't like the term "ghosting" and our definition of it, replace it with "meta gaming" in your head.

If you communicate to eachother to make your truce any way but publicly, it is considered ghosting (AKA via PM, Skype, etc.). If you make a verbal agreement that everyone can hear - it's fine. Or just you ignoring a T act they did, or you saying "I'll be your buddy, I know your a T" and them not saying anything (acknowledging in game with a headshake?).

Basic rule of thumb: If the traitor tells you they're the T in any shape way or form it's ghosting. If you agree on some sort of ingame signal to notify eachother - it's ghosting. If you intentionally perform a traitorous act around your friend to let them know - it's ghosting. If your friend catches you killing someone and ignores you - it's fine. Or if they tell you they weren't hurt you - it's fine. Anything that doesn't involve the traitor somehow revealing himself as a traitor to only specific players intentionally is fine.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

I'm a bit puzzled, @Zikeji o-o

12. Zikeji

There is a difference between directly telling a single person (`you`) and telling everyone. First quote, announcing they're a traitor publicly(serverwide, via voice chat or text chat) is what I'm referring to. Second quote is if they exclude someone from the knowledge(don't announce it) it's metagaming/ghosting. If that makes sense.

13. Predated

Predated VIP

Exactly, If I see a T being well, a T, I will kill them, but if I say Truce, they walk off, it's a truce.

Ghosting is when you ue a 3rd party applictio or some other way to contact the living while your are dead or in spectator.

This does not imply on living to living, but there are rules of you not asking anyone if they are T's through chat, it is technically ghosting

14. Zikeji

That's why I mentioned switching 'ghosting' with 'metagaming'. Our definition is closer to metagaming than it is to ghosting. Thing is, in the scenario "TTT" the traitors have made the arrangement to be a traitor - at the point we start the game a 'truce' is just you changing the gameplay style because you want to have more fun and are holding no regard to the other players.

15. DocFox

If a traitor says they're a traitor, they're dead. If a traitor that commits traitorous acts says truce, they're dead. PTFO or GTFO.

16. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

@Zikeji I agree with this statement.

These are all true. However, In the case that someone messages someone privately and says they're a T, and the player then proceeds to call them out because of the message (AKA They refused the truce and turned against them), it would not be considered Ghosting if they can provide proof of the conversation or PM.

The reasoning behind that is, yes, they have information that no one else had access to and used it to their advantage but it's the same concept as witnessing a Traitorous act first-hand and alone. No one else knows they did the Traitorous act except for you because you were the only one there, so that's why we're lenient with this.

Also, players could fall victim to other players trying to frame them for Ghosting by providing them information like this to loop-hole the rules. So, I advise that if someone messages you that they are a Traitor, immediately take a screenshot then prepare to provide it when asked. Or else the original sender of the message could easily claim they never sent one. Yes, Highwon can pull up private messages, but there is no need to bother him with something that is in our jurisdiction. It's our job to make his job easier by handling these things on our own. So please be wary!

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. DocFox

I really think @Highwon should provide his final verdict on this.

We lost a couple members of the community when one privately told another they were a traitor and that other person acted on it.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  18. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Basically this. The truce has to be made publicly, normally over chat or just by plain ignoring the act (which makes you guilty by association and allows players to kill you). You can't make truce outside of the game (for example over Skype) since that would be considered Ghosting.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. DieKasta

DieKasta :Blackalien: Forever VIP

This is exactly how I perceive the subject of ghosting.

As long as PM or 3rd party chat are not used, there is no ghosting.

Zikeji does however have a valid point. By creating a truce with someone in game there is a change in the meta-game. As of right now there is no rule against that though.

Thank you Highwon for the clarification.

20. Zikeji

It's more of a 'impossible to force' rule therefore it doesn't exist. But if an admin hears a player and his friend have an elaborate set of ingame 'actions' they do to 'give away' information and consequently observes them using said actions, they should punish the players. But the chances they'll catch it, and even less likely chance they'll even want to try and catch it would prevent it from ever being caught.

• Like Like x 1