Rejected Steam name next to forum name.

Discussion in 'General Suggestions' started by Noctorious, May 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Noctorious

Noctorious Your Best Nightmare VIP Emerald

Next to, under, or something. In smaller print it in parentheses. For accounts linked to their steam account this would decrease sone confusion when someone claims to be a witness or is making a report but their forum name is different from their in-game name. Also gives you a better feel that someone who posted something on the forum is a player you saw the other day and you can more easily keep conversations going between forum, sb, and in-game. Just a small suggestion of little consequence so if it's a lot of work to implement feel free to ignore.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Miss Alice

Miss Alice winky face VIP

For obvious reasons, I support this.

I also have a reason to believe I was on your mind when you were posting this.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

+1 if possible

We should also make a rule so mods can't change their name and get us normal users confused :sneakylove:
    *cough*Bowling*cough*

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Noctorious

I change my name ONE time and never hear the end of it. I even changed it back and people complained it wasn't Bowling anymore :cry:

5. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

Something like this?

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

If you click the steam icon, you see the steam Name. Why is that necessary?

• Agree Agree x 6
  7. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

Because, like what was said in the original post, if someone has a different name on the servers than the forums, it would be easier to find them on the forums if you met them in-game

e.g. Let's say person A has the name 'Bob' in game and meets person B, a mod named Bowling in-game
    Bowling leaves the server, but Bob is quite fond of Bowling, and stalks him onto the forums
    He searched for Bowling's name, but to no avail, because Bowling's name on the forums is Suoirotcon
    Bob never spoke to or saw Bowling again...

Last edited: May 27, 2015
  8. DocFox

Well, in that case, you can click to find staff or, I don't know, ask in SB.

Steam names are not regulated and I could see players potentially having the same steam names and, when you search on the forums for it, which would mean adding another thing to search, you could get multiple results.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Noctorious

Ease, laziness, the same reason many things exist

10. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

[​IMG]

I think that looks a little better than CDriscoll's example. I could make a Chrome/Firefox plugin that does this pretty fast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. paper

paper legends never die VIP Silver

+1
    Even though a bit unneeded, can easily help reduce a lot of confusion on the forums.

12. DocFox

If it still does that, @Zikeji, could you make it possible to search for someone by their steam name on the forums?

I feel like if this were to be useful, it should give people a way to search for a player by that name.

13. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

What do you mean search by that name? You mean search an in-game name to get their forum profile name? If so, that just isn't feasible for the front-end. That would have to be a Highwon thing.

14. Koba

Koba Give your all VIP Emerald

This seems like a pretty good idea just incase you have a different steam name then forum name and it really helps the staff I think if they are doing a ban appeal. @Highwon should at least look at this.

15. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

+1

And like mentioned, Steam names are not regulated. They can pretty much put anything they want in there like a curse word or a website URL.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.