Completed Report against Kenny

Discussion in 'TTT Staff/Player Reports' started by SmileyOfChaos, Jul 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmileyOfChaos

SmileyOfChaos Chaos Begets Order VIP

Name of Staff/Player:
    Kenny
    Steam ID of Staff/Player:
    idk
    Which Server:
    East
    Time of Occurence:
    3:30, Clue, Round 3 I think
    Reason For Report:
    Player gungun killed an innocent in front of me, so I called KOS on him. A detective killed him and it turned out he was an inno as well, so I assume he just RDM'd for his kill. There is no possible way I would know this and the very fact that he RDM'd is a KOS felony anyways, but I was killed by the detective and Kenny upheld the killing. I've been playing for less than a week and know the rules better than an admin. That's just sad.​
    Evidence And/Or Witnesses:
    Don't know the names since I left right after, but gungun accessed a hidden door to kill the other player, a player I was in a room alone with. Nobody else saw that, but everyone saw the detective kill gungun and immediately turn on me for false KOS despite me saying that gungun had RDM'd.​

2. ThatBox

ThatBox Not this box, that one. VIP

@Kenny will respond at his earliest convenience.

3. daddy

daddy おじいちゃんファック VIP Bronze

Hello SmileyOfChaos, i hope your day has been well.

In case you weren't aware, calling a KOS on an innocent is a traitorous act regardless of what that innocent has done.
    [​IMG]
    (Fourth bullet point)

You were killed for committing a traitorous act by calling a KOS on a player who turned out to be innocent.

4. SmileyOfChaos

So there is no exception even for when said player has RDM'd, which is punishable by death anyways? That makes no sense whatsoever.

5. daddy

There is no exception, you're still committing a traitorous act and you can be killed for it.

6. SmileyOfChaos

Well that's some major bs seeing how everyone KOS's people who kill and it's impossible to know if they were a traitor or a rule-breaking RDMer. Sounds like some rule trap to lower otherwise abiding players' standing, and a good admin would take such things into account. But whatever. Just please tell me East is the only server you preside over. I love Serious TTT for the increased protection of the rules, but if an admin is going to be a tard and follow them to the letter without taking into account

7. SmileyOfChaos

outside circumstances then I'm done with any servers he/she is on.

8. daddy

Every other staff member will enforce this as well, it's simply part of the rules. I realize occasionally it may cause what we call "RDM Chains", where people kill each other for killing innocents. These kinds of things happen and there is nothing we can do about it, besides punish the RDMer who started it. In your case, you were caught in an RDM chain caused by gungun killing an innocent and you killing gungun, who turned out to be innocent as well, then a detective killed you for committing a traitorous act.

9. SmileyOfChaos

Wooooow someone needs to make an exception in those rules then because wtf. Or I guess I can just not call KOS anymore unless someone shoots straight at me, though would that also count as a false KOS if they turn out to be innocent despite being a RDMer? I would assume so. If all the admins really do uphold such a dumb rule then I guess I can't be mad with you, but still what the hell.

10. daddy

You're taking the risk when you call a KOS, be wary of that. If that rule was not in place, then traitors could just call random KOS's on innocents and claim they were "RDMing" and no one would be able to kill the traitor for it, it's a good thing these rules are in place.

11. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

You were killed for calling out an innocent player, although this innocent player may have randomly killed another person, he was still innocent and you caused his death. This within itself is a traitorous act and you can be killed for it because you have every possibility to be a traitor and you can simply be lying. If this player did randomly kill another player, he would have been punished for it. As for the detective killing you, @Kenny is not at fault and did not need to issue a slay against the detective since you committed a traitorous act. The traitorous acts can be seen below. Take some time to go over the server rules and I hope my explanation helped you.
    You cannot be killed for calling a KOS unless that KOS is proven to be false.

[​IMG]

This report has been found invalid and the reported staff member is not guilty.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2014
  12. SmileyOfChaos

A good thing no doubt, I just assumed since I was killed for a false KOS that my ranking would go down despite me always playing by the rules and admitting to and apologizing for it when I do accidentally shoot an innocent when I mistake someone else's shots for theirs. If my ranking doesn't go down because you were aware that it was a RDM chain and that anyone can be caught up in it, then I have no problem.

13. SmileyOfChaos

Also I am very aware of the rules but expected an exception for such a bullcrap circumstance. I wasn't aware of how severely to the letter they are taken.

14. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

Our rules mind no matter to situation or context. Even if the innocent player you put a KOS on did something traitorous, you also did something traitorous; calling KOS on innocent. That puts you in danger of being killed by anyone who feels the need to.

However, just because we allow it in our rules does not mean a player will kill you for it, it just means they can kill you for it.

15. Mr. Rogers

Mr. Rogers Lil Tokyo VIP Silver

Welcome to Serious TTT. Just be aware that a lot of our players will kill you for any reason they can.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.