Remove the shelves from pool

Discussion in 'Maps' started by Wojack, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Wojack

Wojack Her king :3 VIP

Let's talk about a problem on the map Community Pool. The shelves. Now, this is something that most of you have probably encountered. The problem with them, is there are people who drag them over to the bottom of the ladder where you can jump down to get into the bottom of the area, which causes deaths.
    The removal of these would reduce RDM on that map, and who doesn't want RDM to be reduced? Unless you directly see the person dragging the shelf to the area, there is no way to catch said RDMer. So, give this some +1's, yeah?

2. Whitewolfx0

Whitewolfx0 Keep the shiny side up. VIP

Yes they are a pest when people use them to RDM however they are a great tool as a Traitor.

3. Wompzilla

Wompzilla Former Administrator Banned VIP+ Silver

Instead of removing the shelves, would it be possible to disable some property of that prop that allows people to take it over in spec mode? That way spectators can't rdm while traitors can still use it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. Or make it a T trap where only traitors can move it.

5. Darktooth

Darktooth I was #1 VIP

I could argue that making the shelves part of the map and not a movable prop would solve this issue. However, we'd need a mapper.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Rice

Rice stay golden. VIP

@Yawn.

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  7. Han

Han       VIP

The problem with this is that I've been killed many times by my own traitor buddies who do this. They just drag it down and leave. Some warn, some don't. It's a hassle and does more bad than good, so +1 for this idea.

8. I think you guys are forgetting there's a ladder... big ol' -1 for you sir, since you can use the ladder or at the very least use your flashlight to see if there's anything down there

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

I think anyone who jumps down that shaft blindly is taking their life into their hands, and possibly their next round. I've been goomba stomped by people dozens of times because they don't look when they jump down the hole, even sometimes over the ladder space where I'll be climbing up. I think the prop should be left as is, if only to serve as additional deterrent.

Just think- how many people die from falling down the similar pit in 67thway? How many goomba stomps happen there? Not many. People shouldn't be throwing themselves into pits at high velocity.

10. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

That's not the only prop that is a problem. With great effort, a player can move the desk from the office down into the pool of water. Other props can be used as well, including the explosive barrels down there. My points is, removing the shelves or even making them unmovable would not completely solve this problem.

My solution would be to put a prop/ragdoll barrier on the entire vertical area just like the one on White House. I'm not sure how or why it was done on that map, but if it was done there, it can be duplicated.

As much as I like killing people with props when I'm a traitor, it is a nuisance that some people get away with RDM because of this and I would rather no RDM occur.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

I finished it. Let me upload a video and the file

12. My Dime Is Up

Finished. May be some small bugs but easy to fix. Lets hope it gets added. But the video ;-;
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  13. Rambo

Rambo Shoot first, ask later. VIP

I +1 the Rag doll barrier. This would probably be the most logical way of fixing it.

14. My Dime Is Up

Redirected to here. Please post suggestions there and I may/may not add them.