Points for Winning

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by ☼Ubahootah☼, Dec 7, 2014.

1. I was thinking to add just a little incentive to winning, to make clutches just teeny bit better for games. If you're on the team that wins, you gain 10 points for the win (or whatever seems fair). Nothing big, but a nice little boost if you're constantly clutching/winning rounds. Maybe add an condition that you have to have killed a T as inno, picked up dna as a D, or killed an inno as a T, to make sure people farming points AFK aren't getting any extra. Thoughts?

• Dumb Dumb x 2
  2. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

You...really don't need it. By the time a round ends, you'll have gained 50 points usually. :/

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

yea and you still farm points for being afk. every 24 hours i believe is 2400 points correct me if im wrong

4. Turquoise

Turquoise Princess of Vanilla VIP

Roughly a minute for 10 points. 1440 minutes in a day.

5. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

oh alright i was way off haha

6. That's true, but I just thought there should be an incentive, even just a teeny one, for winning. Sure, 10 points isn't a lot, but its something, right?

7. BeautifulButterfly

BeautifulButterfly Float like a butterfly VIP

+1 I like the idea of adding incentive to the rounds. Only makes people tryhard more. The actual point value is less important than the satisfaction of gaining some prize for victory.

8. My Dime Is Up

My Dime Is Up Its my dime to code VIP

+1

9. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

You get 300 points an hour for playing on the servers. You also should search before creating posts; this has been suggested a few times in the past.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. Nuff said. The simple fact that you can literally just sit in a server AFK in spectator to get points should be enough. Even then I think it should be against the rules because it takes up slots ( I know there's 5 servers, I'm just saying ) and you aren't contributing to the enjoyment of others.

I think maybe there should be SOME way to get them. Like if you are a detective and kill all of the T's. Or you're the last inno and you kill 2+ of the T's. Kinda like an milestone system or achievement system dealing entirely in points? Regardless, I don't think you should be able to get points from winning as there are already much easier ways of getting points.

11. BeautifulButterfly

BeautifulButterfly Float like a butterfly VIP

It seems that all of the -1 posts are focused on the idea that there are much easier ways to gain points than winning the round. Why does this mean that getting points for winning is bad? Sure I could AFK in a server and get points, or if this were implemented I could play the game and get slightly more points. What is the downside I am missing here?

12. Our point isn't that points *No pun intended* are easy to obtain. It's that we don't want to oversaturate the points. We can only have so many ways to get them, so if we were to add this, we would have to also make the number of points were minute/hour go down significantly. If we were to implement this idea, we would have to change something else as to not oversaturate the number of points within the market.

Unless you want prices in the shop to go up, then we can just let the market become oversaturated.

13. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

300 points per hour which is 10 points every 120 seconds (2 minutes).

7,200 points per day of farming.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

I completely agree that there should be an incentive for people who are striving to win the game for their team. If there was an incentive [like scoring points for Fun Rounds] then I feel players would try a lot harder to win the round for their team. People who do well, should be rewarded well. I would suggest points based on score, but Fun Rounds ruin your score so I'm unsure how that would work out.

Perhaps it could go even further as to retract points from players who mistakenly kill a friendly player [since you're losing the game for your team] but it would have to be substantially less than what you would gain for winning/killing an enemy.

Style points could be something cool as well... Say, you finish the round by Jihad-ing the remaining 6 innocents... Or you end the round by setting the last T on fire with a flare gun you picked up from a body. That would be nice and perhaps motivate people to win in interesting and entertaining ways.

15. I like this idea +1

16. PwnerOfThePeanut

PwnerOfThePeanut Serious Member

-1, its really pointless as that points can be farmed about 10 per minute, and as previous replies have said, can rack up to a TON of points in only a short amount of time, and thats not even including the fun rounds, which you can get 300++ points in if you're good enough

Last edited: Dec 12, 2014
  17. Alchemized

Alchemized Why do nuns like swiss cheese? It's hole-y. VIP Emerald

Hah, that was a good one. Points > Pointless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Python~

Python~ Young Bard VIP Silver Emerald

This is what fun rounds are for (Non-Vanilla)