Medicinal marijuana discussion

Discussion in 'Off Topic Discussion' started by Silent Rebel, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Silent Rebel

Silent Rebel Lead Shitposter VIP

Do you think marijuana should be legalized for medical use? If so, give your opinions on why and why not. I just got my medical card today and got some bomb ass edibles.

2. Amazing

Amazing Veteran Member

It's better for you than drinking...

3. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

I think if people have a legitimate illness that could benefit from marijuana, then yes.

4. PapaVodka

PapaVodka Big Daddy Overlord Banned

Even not for medical reasons I think it should be legal.

5. Killamarshall

Killamarshall Hmm... interesting.. Smite anyone?? VIP

you mean federally legalized not state wide jurisdiction, most the US government has said screw it and left the legalization of pop up to state jurisdiction.

6. RhazhBash

RhazhBash Professional Button Presser VIP

i say it should be legal in general. look at how prohobition failed. weed is still better for you than booze. the fucking plant cures cancer.

7. Killamarshall

only numbs the pain, i don't think it has been officially proven that it actually helps cancer medically.

8. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

I do. I live in MD so I have to get it illegally, but once I found the right strain it helps alot with my cronic headache.
    Edit: None of my prescribed pain meds do anything and I've tried almost everything.

9. Tsu

Tsu Emma is love. Emma is Life. VIP

It should be legal, but with limitations. Like no smoking it in indoor areas (not because omg second hand smoke is bad, but because it just smells like such utter ass).

There should also be regulations, like no being high at work, no driving while high, no operating heavy machinery, etc. Basically treat it as a cross between alcohol and cigarettes, tax it, and that's bout it.

10. Shades

Shades VIP

Who's to say it's worse than Alcohol? No one.

11. POP STAR

POP STAR have a nice day VIP Emerald Bronze

Leagalizing and heavily taxing marijuana sounds like the best option to me.

12. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I don't smoke it, but I believe it should be legalized and regulated like any prescription drug (medicinal use) or alcohol (recreational use)

13. Snak

Snak Banned

Legal or not, people will still use/obtain marijuana. I don't think the government would ever allow a full legalization of marijuana as they make too much money putting people in prison. Which is depressing as weed helped me get through tough times in high school, without it i'd probably would have ended it as I suffer from depression. Marijuana helps quite a bit and I'm a big +1 for legalization!

(btw nice topic a good break from the usual trash threads!)

14. ComPeter

ComPeter VIP

As long as the user's of marijuana do not use it in public i do not care about it. If i start inhaling second hand marijuana more often from public smoker's, then i guess i am going to law school.

15. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

One of George Washington's largest crops was hemp(a form of marijuana). See here for more info: http://www.straightdope.com/columns/rea ... -marijuana

I believe the recreational and medical usage should be allowed.

It has less health risks then smoking and alcohol consumption by a significant margin.

16. ThePepper

ThePepper VIP

Legalized marijuana is a big -1 from me! You'll drive up the prices! :roll:

I can't smoke now and won't be able to for the next few years. I hope that when I get to a point in my life where I can, I would still be able to get an eighth of dank for just over half a bill.

17. stormcreator

You defininitly don't live on the east coast.

18. Killamarshall

or the west XD, weed isn't that expensive from my experiences with it. (when i was in middle school i smoked, wont do it while i am trying to make something of my life.)

19. Robert! paulson!

Robert! paulson! Well-Known Member

I don't smoke it myself, but people very close to me do for chronic pain, and cancer treatment and these aren't just my buddies. These are people in my family of varying ages. They tell me the wonders that it does and this is why i am for the legalization of marijuana.

20. stormcreator

In the MD/DC area an eigth of decient qualyity is hovering around $100.