"Logs before your death" - Damagelog Extension

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by Sinz, May 22, 2014.

?

I'd like to see this added

Poll closed Sep 23, 2022.
  1. Yes, I would love to see this added.

13 vote(s)
    61.9%
  2. No.

8 vote(s)
    38.1%
  3. I'm indifferent.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

I'm guessing everyone is familiar with the current reporting system we have set in place - You get RDMed, you are prompt with a report menu where you can type out your story. But what if you could actually see what happens before you die? If you knew what it is you're reporting and it wasn't actually RDM? This is what this extension adds. It gives the victim another tab in the report menu to be able to see the logs before they've died. This in my opinion can save both Staff & Members time in reports.

Screenshots:
    Here's the usual report field:
    [​IMG]
    Here are the Logs before my death:
    [​IMG]
    In the logs above I can obviously tell that he was a traitor.
    And here's some more:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is the link to the addon: http://www.facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1301766
    This is another screenshot: http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2013/36/1378223568-2013-09-03-00012.jpg

Tell me what you guys think!

Last edited: May 23, 2014
    • Like Like x 4
  2. Looks like a very good idea, would surely lessen the amount of false reports

+1 i guess?

3. Carned

Carned ✘o ✘o VIP Silver Emerald

Eh, im going to say -1

If you give people logs they will jump to conclusions about there deaths and then if the report is made and we choose not to slay the player they will argue it claiming "they have the logs" but they wont have as much experience using them as us so it would just cause a lot of disagreements and arguments in my opinion.

4. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

This could be used to find out who traitors are which is why I removed it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. You can only find out who the T's are when you're dead, right? And this could be used to ghost, but ghosters are always here, and they could just ask another T to tell them. Either way there are gonna be ghosters n stuff, unless you mean actually using !report ingame?

6. TB Wolf

TB Wolf VIP

what about only logs associated with the player that killed you? AKA have the "Filter by player" set to that person, so they wouldn't see any logs related to T's

7. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

Yeah, pretty much...

Well it doesn't come out of the box with that functionality. It just shows all damages in that time period.

8. Salisian

Salisian An unbroken series of successful gestures VIP

There have been a lot of times before that I've wanted to report someone for RDM because I was shot randomly during the round, but I wasn't sure exactly who was responsible. Waiting until the end of the round and checking damage logs works most of the time, but this doesn't work if the next round is a fun round (which disables reporting) or if the map changes over. Is there some way to apply this, but force-filter it to damage that WOULD be considered RDM? (i.e. inno on inno violence)

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

There are multiple ways to find out who the traitors are once you're dead so I do not see how this would boost the Ghosting numbers. Ghosters will always be out there and us staff will always be here to enforce it. I don't think that should take away from such a useful extension.

If it gets that bad & you are truly that worried about Ghosting, just limit !p or ulx psay to only staff. (This is not apart of what I'm suggesting.)

10. Chrissyleecious

Chrissyleecious Limited Edition :Poop: King VIP

I do like the idea but I feel like it's going to cause a lot of conflicts between players and the staff members.

11. stormcreator

stormcreator I am The Flying Wombat. Kythol is the bae. <3 VIP

If I want to know who the t's are I can just ask a dead t and 9 out of 10times ill get an answer, either from a t or from other dead players.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Looking back on previous answers, i think this will actually increase ghosting, so idk anymore