Answered leaving before karma ban

Discussion in 'Questions & Answers' started by HoneySenpai<3, Oct 24, 2014.

1. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

2. Ditto

Ditto Some people fear death, others ask for it. VIP

Unless you have slays, or Massed RDM'd. It's not ban evading...

3. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

No, it is not ban evading. You were forcibly removed from the server by console, you did not willingly leave. And as much, you cannot be banned for RDM and Leave, however if you Mass RDMed (3-4 players) you will be banned for that reason.

4. ZeRo

ZeRo :sneaky: Banned VIP Silver

And to clarify one more thing, ban evading is usually entering one of our servers with an alternate account if your main account has been banned for whatever reason. If you leave the server to avoid your punishment, then you will be punished appropriately for that (RDM & Leave, Mass RDM, Ghosting, Hacking, etc.).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mr Butters

Mr Butters For a few to be immortal, many must die. VIP

To add to this, What happens if you know you are being karma banned so you leave but there is an active report on you? Or a report is submitted moments after you leave? because you know when you get karma banned its for killing inno's and most people are stupid and think everything is RDM. So really what I see here is instead of being banned for 1 hour, you get an RDM and Leave ban due to not completing a report. But when you get karma banned they know you cannot complete it therefore no RDM and Leave ban is issued. (Unless its blatant Mass RDM).

6. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

The karma ban is the punishment.

And usually, with regulars who know they are on the brink of being karma banned, I am told the reason for every kill. For example, @drunk dog is an avid trigger finger and being so, fears disconnecting before being able to finish his thoughts so he messages me the reason behind every player he kills as he kills them; many other players do this also seeing the majority of vanilla is naive.

7. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

He's asking that, if you know you are going to be karma banned, is it okay to leave before you get a karma ban?

The answer is yes. We don't control karma bans so you're free to leave if you know or think you will get a karma ban. AS LONG AS you have no pending RDM offenses.

• Informative Informative x 1
  8. Mr Butters

What if someone submits a report as you leave? Like you click quit as it pops up. Whilst in the game menu (esc) the in-game UI is hidden, therefore this report would not show up on your screen, so what would happen is you would skip your 1 hour ban to possibly receive an RDM and Leave.

Scenario: Player A shoots every single person to enter T room on MC_City, exits T room and knows he is at this point karma banned, PA see's PB walking past an unid, PB then reports RDM but in the middle of reporting they get distracted and do not hit submit, they return hit submit, A second later PA leaves, not noticing the report the current staff online would see this as RDM and Leave because they don't know the reason for shooting said player.

My opinion is don't risk it to dodge a 1 hour ban, because there is the possibility to be banned for RDM and Leave.

9. Enigmatica

Well you risk that same thing if you leave anyways, so it's always good idea to ask staff if it's ok to leave.

10. Mr Butters

But you would be attempting to evade the karma ban hit so you have very little time to ask. What you are saying is if you have a confirmed karma ban coming up you should say using @ I am being karma banned, I will be leaving to dodge it and join next map. @ If any reports are filed as I leave, please message me about it. ??

11. Enigmatica

You can absolutely do that, just make sure to remember to actually come back.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

I've been banned a couple times for RDM + leave when I got karma banned (not the leaving before the karma ban, but the actual karma ban itself). I mean, mods will make mistakes now and then, better to just ask them if you can leave prior to leaving (if they're on). And if leaving without asking (for whatever reason), don't just think "well, I didn't RDM this round, so I'll be fine", because the staff could be busy with reports and still handling things from multiple rounds ago (as shitty as it is to wait for them to finish those, must also be shitty to spend multiple rounds !fpec'ing and gathering evidence on multiple people only to have one of your future slay victims leave the server so you have to ban them (and they could be your buddy and it could conflict with your heart and make you cry but you know it is your duty) only to have them appeal the ban later and then you have to UNBAN them (unless it's invalid, but why bother when you can just ask to leave or wait)). Always think back a few rounds when leaving, I've been banned twice for this as well.

But yeah, anytime you leave before a karma ban you run a pretty big chance of getting banned for RDM and Leave, as you obviously killed teammates that round, or damaged them, and you're leaving before the round ends (not everyone can even report you at that point, as if you have damaged one of the living players that make it to the end of the round, they won't get the option to report you, and you won't even get the punishment of a karma ban, so any staff would probably take it as RDM and leave unless you explained it to them beforehand).

13. HoneySenpai<3

HoneySenpai<3 VIP Silver

yes i figured this out because if you leave just after submitting a report somehow it said there was no message but i put in there that everyone i killed was in t room but somehow my message got erased dont know how but yea i was unbanned for the rdm and leave and it being voided from my record

14. Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub

Communion (1989) Putlockers HD Stream Eng Sub i'm thinking i'm thinking VIP

Yeah, always a good idea to !respond while alive if you figure you might be karma banned and might not die before the round ends (or you dying would end the round).

15. BigBoyMansion

BigBoyMansion Banned

I have actually been slain for killing a Detective who was in the T-Room (with a lot of innocents) by throwing a frag. I got karma banned and I asked someone to slay me on a different server and served it. Was that what was supposed to be done or was the karma ban my punishment?

16. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

The karma ban is your punishment. You did not need to serve a slay on a different server.

Alternatively, you could have appealed the karma ban, which would unlikely be approved, and serve the slay(s) for the RDM.