Golden Deagle

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by MattDahEpic, Oct 4, 2014.

?

Favorite Weapon?

1. Deagle

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Deagle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Deagle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Deagle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

This time a serious suggestion:

The Golden Deagle: for when you're absolutely sure!
    The Golden Deagle is a 2 shot Detective weapon, which when you hit a Traitor anywhere he instantly dies, but if you hit an innocent, you die! This would add strategies to the game and allow detectives to be more effective at their jobs, for a price... Anyway, I think that the Golden Deagle would be a great addition to the game not only for the fact that I like deagles are the best, but for its wealth in gameplay strategy.

Download: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=253737047
    [​IMG]

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

I would much prefer a "Golden Deagle" that's a detective-only weapon that simply does more damage than the normal Deagle, but not something that allows you to essentially rdm.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

I believe it would not be rdm as the detective dies if the target is not a traitor. With only 2 ammo, it wouldn't be the longest lasting weapon.

4. Enigmatica

Enigmatica The Song Lives On Banned

The problem is that people like me who have been playing the game with regulars for thousands of hours know who traitors are simply because I know who I am playing with. With a gun like this, I can simply shoot them and get away with it.

And if our RDM rules applied to the Golden Deagle, then its main feature-- the ability to kill traitors in one hit in exchange for instant death upon shooting an innocent-- becomes useless and then you'd have a really poor detective-only weapon with only 2 shots that you have to make count. Oh, and by the way, you better hope an innocent doesn't walk in your path ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

I'm pretty sure this was suggested before (and shot down).

Moral of the story: Use "search bar" next time.

6. MattDahEpic

MattDahEpic Supporter

All results for "golden deagle" refer to this thread and me saying golden deagle in another thread.
    And I am assuming the thread was a traitor and thus the detective shooting it did not die.
    [​IMG]

7. I don't mind it, but I liked the idea for that Detective Revolver more.

Since you can't kill on suspicion it kind of defeats the whole purpose of the gun. Unless they made an exception just for this gun, but that will never happen. Imagine how pissed a traitor would be to have their entire round taken away because the Detective just happened to guess correctly that they're a traitor. I for one like anything new when it comes to weapons/equipment, so it gets a +1 from me, but this community will never approve it.

8. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

Well I found this for "Golden Gun", which is pretty much same weapon you're suggesting.
    http://www.seriousttt.com/threads/golden-gun-truth-gun-detective-weapon.7631/

(BTW don't post in that thread because it's an old one).

9. I like the idea of having a deagle that is a 1 hit on traitors. But sometimes when someone rdms and I get dna on him. What happens if I shoot them and they were a rdming innocent? -1