Rejected Ghost DeathMatch

Discussion in 'TTT Suggestions' started by silentpamonha, Mar 22, 2014.

?

You Want Ghost DM?

1. Yes.

11 vote(s)
    52.4%
  2. No.

10 vote(s)
    47.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. silentpamonha

silentpamonha Active Member

i played in some servers out there and they had this addon that when you die you enter in deathmatch with other dead players, i didnt found a link but should be on gmod workshop

• Like Like x 1
  2. Orion

Orion He is Exalted Administrator VIP

Just to remember : This was already suggested and died with no hope because people would actually suicide on purpose just to join the Spectator FFA

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

I saw if we have GhostDM, it only activates once a certain amount of players are dead. That would combat people purposely killing themselves.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Yeah, or somehow program in you HAVE to be killed by another player to join in.

5. Zikeji

That's easy enough. But what if another player killed you with a prop? It'll say you killed yourself and you won't be able to join.

6. on the server I played on i NEVER saw that happen. and also the ones mostly suggested were for fun rounds with different weapons like T against D etc. i am +1000000000 this !deathmatch is the one I seen used

it would not be a suicide thing to enter, they are here to play TTT no CSS and it would just let some of the long rounds go quicker. and deathmatch only works during a round not when its over. it wouldnt be much different than the end of round DM that hapens when evryone kills each other when round is over lol.

+3

7. Zikeji

I'd say if we ever get this though, staff won't be allowed to use it.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Hmmmm, maybe somehow it's connected to damage logs?

9. Zikeji

Damage logs don't show propkill to well either. The only thing that could work would be to detect if the kill command or the explode command was used in console. But even then, you could still jump to your death or burn yourself/frag yourself to death.

10. Kythol

Kythol ok Moderator VIP

Yeah, seems a little bit complicated. I wouldn't mind seeing something like this but I would also like to be able to play a normal TTT game without everyone killing themselves.

11. not sure why mods wouldn't be allowed to use it? also perhaps since its all scripted you could use something like "if kill used then no access" etc.

again I played on a server more than happy to share the info. but never saw it as an issue. and you cannot interact with the game in progress so nothing to worry about there like killing a live player or even picking up a weapon someone else would have (u get a dupe of it) and also go thru doors 9so as to not let people know doors are open etc) u dont go thru walls though.

worth a trial on at least one server I think. its higly configurable

heres a link to one I found: (OP perhaps place this in ur first post as to let people see it better? it also has videos. its VERY configurable too. hell Ill pay for it (15 bucks)

http://coderhire.com/browse/script/805/ttt-spectator-deathmatch

you can also make it give points for what ever like x amount of kills or per kill etc for the pointshop. IF you want that is.

Code:
    if SERVER then
        Damagelog:EventHook("DoPlayerDeath")
    else
        Damagelog:AddFilter("Show suicides", DAMAGELOG_FILTER_BOOL, true)
        Damagelog:AddColor("Suicides", Color(25, 25, 220, 255))
    end

local event = {}

so yes you can see if they suicide to play, and also make it not available (that is only a very small part of some of the files)

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  12. Zikeji

Why wouldn't mods be able to use it?

How're your reports gonna get dealt with if they're to busy playing the deathmatch xD.

13. as long as they do them it would be ok for them to play a few rounds, or play ttt, couplde rounds deathmatch after dying then spend one round or two doing reports, (or after you die dont do deathmatch for a round or two to catch up unless its really alot of reports) if not alot of reports then the should be able to play.

14. Linkthedinosaur

Linkthedinosaur Self Proclaimed Master of the No Scope VIP

If players wanted to play Deathmatch, then they could just play some other game, so I don't see suicide being that big of a problem. I also don't see why staff couldn't play it. If all reports were done and handled with, then why not play it???

• Like Like x 1
  15. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

Personally, it shouldn't be added. It also fills up the damagelogs with Ghost_weapon stuff. It's annoying.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. you can make it so it doesnt do that

17. megaboy

megaboy I got this game for Fathers day VIP

Not with the RDM Manager. Only with the actual ttt_print_damagelog.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. Actually you can. Or have fmage logs disabled for the death match also with damage logs addons. Ask him. I messaged the Dev before I bought it. I have the files and looking thru them now. Seems highly customizable and shouldn't be an issue, I am really not sure why it seems almost all the people NOT interested in it (actually against it) is mostly staff. I am assuming that I because they think it wouldake damage logs in bearable.

But I am pretty sure it wouldn't. In fact he even said if you have issues to contact him and he will fix them. Like I said if it can be made yo work it should at least get a week or two of testing on one or two of the sttt servers.

19. Highwon

Highwon Owner VIP Silver

From what I've heard this causes a bit of lag on servers. Another thing I don't like is that it might make dying not so mundane. Most players try to survive as long as possible to not have to sit in spectator. They wont try as hard to stay alive and it will affect the general experience of the match in my opinion. As a traitor, it will be less satisfying killing innocents because they won't mind.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. I already don't really mind,. if I am an inno LMAO. I also don't believe that, i have played on a server a bit regularly (not as much with this server) but I do hop on there maybe once a day. but I would never leave this server if it had it.

I never noticed lag. (hell this server i have seen more lags and crashes than the other one) it also has a point shop but its lame.

I mean I am not trying to argue I just wish we could try it out for a week on a server. I think you would be surprised. As I said previously I would pay for it and put in the time needed to configure it etc if needed and that was one reason for reluctance to try it out. I mean I don't really see to much harm on one server for a week as a trial.

and then go from there. if anything this is a good discussion maker as you can tell. some other requests or suggestions don't generate as much forum traffic as the DM lol.

Also it can be configured to not allow suicides to join and also if slayed you cannot join fyi. I am sure there is a way to make it only available after x amount of people are dead as well. << ill have to check but the coder said he will do some things like that to customize it for specific needs.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.