Dev [Extension] SeriousTTT Chat Enhancement [v1.26.21]

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by Zikeji, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Zikeji

Zikeji Repoleved VIP Emerald

Current Version: v1.26.21

Your favorite userscript, now as an extension for Chrome / Firefox / IE!

Features:
    Including but not limited to the following.
    • Automatically apply your color of choice, that you can pick at any time and save across reloads.
    • Traditional faces will be sent as a face and not an emote (can be disabled).
    • Chatbox input forced to black (for those with different colors) [WIP]

Usage:
    It'll do the work automatically, but to change the color you want you'll need to access the menu. Just click the button in the top right corner that looks like this:
    [​IMG]

Installation:
    Please install your respective extension for you browser.

Updating:
    The extension is easy to update to a newer version. Both Firefox and Chrome should do it automatically or ask you. Internet explorer you'll have to update manually though (sorry!).

Last edited: Aug 6, 2014
    • Useful Useful x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. Sinz

Sinz crumble VIP Silver

Thank you Zikeji!

3. Tom Hanks

Tom Hanks Active Member

We aren't worthy of having you.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Zikeji

Should I make a tampermonkey/greasemonkey script for this?

It's a script that would run under the entension and apply automatically. Tampermonkey is the Chrome plugin and Greasemonkey is the Firefox plugin. I could also make it so the color bbcode applies to your forum posts.

5. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

I like that. Could we also have like a color chart with the hex codes so we can use all the colors?

6. Zikeji

If it's a tampermonkey script I doubt it. Just go to a site that can give you a chart.

7. CDriscoll

CDriscoll Lemme advise you VIP Bronze

What should I search to find this? What's it even called? Also I didn't mean the tamper monkey script. Just like a thread with all of the color names, an example, and the hex code.

8. teadawg1337

teadawg1337 SUPERNATURAL is love, SUPERNATURAL is life VIP

• Like Like x 1
  9. Zikeji

Just search "hex color codes" lol.

http://html-color-codes.com/

10. This looks harder than just [color=#xxxxx]text[/color] lol

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. Zikeji

Field_Sweeper not really. You have to apply those tags each time you chat.. Pain in the ass. This you just *had* to apply everytime you refreshed the page.

BUT

UPDATE!!!
    Now it's a USERSCRIPT. That means if you have TamperMonkey, GreaseMonkey, or your browser's equivalent you can install the script and let it do the work for you automatically!

12. teadawg1337

13. Zikeji

Please look at the recent update. You shouldn't touch the script, there's a button at the top right of the page that allows you to change the color from a color picker.

14. teadawg1337

I know, but I had a particular color picked out before this update. I'm just asking if there's a way to implement a hexadecimal system as well.

15. Zikeji

The color swatch uses hex codes but you can take your hex code, throw it into another site and get the RGB values and use those.

16. teadawg1337

17. Zikeji

I don't see what you're getting at. The color swatch is just the HTML5 element. I can't reprogram that. Ultimately it uses hexadecimal color codes but the input box Chrome/Firefox brings up doesn't let us enter hex codes. Maybe in a future release I'll add the option to just put in a hex code, but I don't have the framework just yet.

18. Zikeji

Updated it again. This version has a menu that I can expand upon in the future. For now you can change it via the picker or entering the hex code.

19. teadawg1337

I have a bug to report. Whenever you press enter in the shoutbox without typing anything, you post a blank message. I guess it's not really a bug, since you actually DO post something. It's BBCode, though, so it just wraps around nothing. [ color=#?????? ][ /color ]

20. Zikeji

I have noticed this, but I myself have no issue with it. But if more people are using the script I should probably 'fix' it to prevent people from accidentally spamming xD. Thanks