Cloaking Device + ziplines/grappling hooks

Discussion in 'Weapons' started by princest 007, Apr 17, 2014.

1. princest 007

princest 007 Banned

So i don't know if there's any cloaking device addons in Gmod, but if there is, I think incorporating it into TTT would be amazing. Of course there would have to be restrictions around it, like no permanent cloak so you could only be invisible for a certain amount of time, and maybe it would cost a more points than other things. And to make things more even, detectives could buy gear to allow them to see the invisible traitors.

And for the ziplines/grappling hooks, they would be like the one's used in the Attack on Titan game mode.

Just ideas, call me stupid if you want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. DocFox

DocFox The Best Is Yet To Come VIP Silver Emerald

The cloak could be possible, but all I would do is stay in a dark area with a disguiser on and they couldn't see you.

As for the grappling hooks, it's a -1 from me. Players would use them to get to unreachable areas and they might as well just be prop surfing to them.

3. Red

Red Harbinger of Arceus VIP

-1 to both. On servers with said devices, people used grappling hooks extensively and it makes travelling in maps such as dolls and rooftops incredibly easy, you can get from one corner of the map to the other within 5 seconds, which would make for difficult tracking. Also, servers (not only ours) and/or clients sometimes glitch out a player model and causes them to only be seen as a floating weapon, which could be mistaken as cloaking, and might incite RDM.

The grappling hook might be possible, if it were a T and/or D weap, so only certain players can have the advantage, and having a grappling hook/seeing someone grapple hook will be KOSable.

4. princest 007

princest 007 Banned

Wait, are you saying that there are servers with grappling hooks and cloaking devices?
    And yes, of course they would be only available to T's and D's.
    Grappling hook wasn't something I thought much of, I just saw that it could possibly be incorporated, and posted it here to see if anyone liked the idea. The cloaking device, though, sounds very good to me. I only play on the vanilla server, so I don't think much in terms of player models and weapons, but I can see how that could be a problem.

5. NeverEnding

NeverEnding It's Never going to end. Trust me on this. VIP

Cloaking DEVICE +10000!!! (IT will be OP AND I LOVE IT)
    Zipline/grappling hook (i never heard of it in TTT) but i would love to see it. +1

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  6. silentpamonha

silentpamonha Active Member

grappling hook is a good idea +1
    BUT cloacking device is way too OP -99999999999999

7. Doomblade3890

Doomblade3890 Supporter

-1 to both.

For traveling, we already have the teleporter for T's and D's, and innos can pick them up off of them if they die.
    As for cloaking, we already have something like that, the disguiser. Sure, it may not make you invisible, but people won't know your true identity.

• Dumb Dumb x 1
  8. -1 too op

9. If we have people doing that with the grappling hooks they would be reported and slain, I love the idea of Batman flying around a map.